And then, there were three…
Last week, another candidate dropped out of the race for United States Senate in Maryland. As reported by the Washington Post and Baltimore Sun, Will Jawando’s departure leaves just three top-tier candidates including myself vying for the nomination to be your next U.S. Senator from Maryland.
As one of only 3 top candidates in the race, this creates new opportunities for our campaign. I humbly ask you to take this opportunity to tell your friends and family about our campaign by forwarding this email.
As Andrew Messick recently wrote in his Substack newsletter The Political Beat:
“[T]he only other candidate who has shown fundraising ability and who has been invited to forums [is] Anne Arundel County Businessman Juan Dominguez. This race currently has a framing of a two-person race between Alsobrooks and Trone and a possible scenario of the overall primary becoming a brawl between them that results in a third sneaking to a win which would not be the first time that occurred.”
Can anyone say: window of opportunity? While our two opponents may have insider endorsements and ties to the political establishment, we have the qualifications, energy, and ideas to win. Most importantly, I am the right candidate to lead Maryland on the path forward.
You know who I am and what I stand for:
- I am the only graduate of The United States Military Academy at West Point with a degree in national security and public affairs.
- I am the only combat veteran and trained military leader in the race who proudly served in Desert Shield and Desert Storm.
- I am the only bi-lingual candidate — the son of Cuban immigrants who is ready to make history as the first Latino elected to the Maryland delegation.
- I have decades of business leadership under my belt, most recently responsible for a BILLION dollars in annual revenues and over 600 employees.
- I have prior public service experience in my hometown of Bogota, New Jersey garnering hundreds of thousands of votes.
By telling others about me, you can help us reach voters, volunteers, and donors throughout Maryland and beyond. We are indebted to our friends and family who support us, and now, it is imperative that we do everything we can to grow our community of supporters and spread our message far and wide.
So, please forward this newsletter and encourage people to subscribe and follow us on social media! Friends can sign up for our email updates at juanformaryland.com and follow us on social @JuanForMaryland.
P.S. Tell your friends and family at the Eastern Shore…
Friday, November 3, 2023 | 7pm — 9pm | Cambridge, MD
I look forward to meeting Maryland voters at the Eastern Shore Democrats for Cocktail Reception & Forum with U.S. Senate Candidates. The organization will conduct the Eastern Shore’s first U.S. Senate Democratic Primary Straw Poll. Please ask your friends and family at the shore to purchase tickets and attend in support of Juan for Maryland!